Little Italy FESTA!
Sunday, October 11, 2014 from 10:00am to 6:00pm
In 1994, a dream came to fruition. In the month of October, 20 years ago, the Little Italy community opened its streets to San Diego residents, and welcomed visitors from all over.
The Little Italy Association (LIA) and a small group of community members organized a festival that celebrated Italian culture not only in the entertainment provided, on the one stage, but the types of vendors that were allowed to display their wares along India Street.
Today Little Italy San Diego welcomes more than 120,00 visitors from all over the country – from all over the WORLD – to celebrate in the country’s largest Italian homecoming.
FESTA! highlights include:
- Italian food served al fresco throughout the neighborhood reflecting a wide variety of specialties;
- Music on 3 stages featuring the familiar and the new;
- Cooking demonstrations/contests;
- Gesso Italiano (Italian Chalk) chalk art painting before your eyes;
- Chalk art for kids;
- Kids Fun Zone with inflatables, face painting, balloon art;
- Italian Motor Sports Exhibit featuring cars and motorbikes;
- Stickball Exhibition Game;
- Bocce Ball Tournament and more!
2013 FESTA Program
Click here to download the 2013 FESTA Program.
Sponsors of FESTA! 2013
Click here to see our sponsors of 2013 Little Italy FESTA!
Photobooth Pictures from FESTA! 2013
Pictures from FESTA! 2012
Click here to see the photos from the 2012 Little Italy FESTA!