Little Italy FESTA!
Sunday, October 9, 2016 from 10:00am to 6:00pm
In 1994, a dream came to fruition. In the month of October, 21 years ago, the Little Italy community opened its streets to San Diego residents, and welcomed visitors from all over.
The Little Italy Association and a small group of community members organized a festival that celebrated Italian culture not only in the entertainment provided, on the one stage, but the types of vendors that were allowed to display their wares along India Street.
Today Little Italy San Diego welcomes more than 120,000 visitors from all over the country – from all over the WORLD – to celebrate in the country’s largest Italian homecoming.
In 2015, the Little Italy FESTA! merged with The Sicilian Festival, to bring the cultural aspects of both events together in one massive celebration which will continue to take place each year.
- Italian food served al fresco throughout the neighborhood reflecting a wide variety of specialties
- Music on 3 stages featuring the familiar and the new
- Cooking demonstrations at the Mercato Stage
- Gesso Italiano (Italian Chalk) chalk art painting before your eyes
- Italian Motorsports Show Featuring Classic Cars and Bikes
- Chalk art for kids
- Kids Fun Zone with inflatables, face painting, balloon art
- Stickball Exhibition Game
- Bocce Ball Tournament
- and more.